NEW: Spring Jazz Workshop in Vienna in February and March!! More info here!
Jazz quartet with violin and original compositions.
WILD STRINGS TRIO
“An art folk fusion crossroads between tradition, chamber music and also jazz.”
Trio A Cuerdas
Voice, violin, flamenco and dance.
Clarinet, violin and drums
Yeah!…but, Balkan; Primo Tempo, Orkester Radia Kaj, Cana Flamenca, Karavana Iluzij, Leon Matek, Sedef, Sabahbluz, Compagnie Aquanaut,…
Upcoming Concerts and Tours
- 31.03.2023 – O/A/M – Antoniushof, Wiesenbach (DE)
- 11.04.2023 – POQ – Prulček, Ljubljana (SI)
- 15.04.2023 – POQ – Studio 44, Krško (SI)
- 17.05. – 29.05.2023 – tour with Subhira Quartet, NL + DE + UK
- 20.07.2023 – WST – Aeson Festival, Parco sull’Isonzo (IT)
- 17.07 – 30.07.2023 – tour with Etnohisteria world orchestra, Slovenia (SI)
- 27.07. – 30.07.2023 – POQ – Floating castle festival, Kozarišče (SI)
- 27.07 – 30.07.2023 – WST – Floating castle festival, Kozarišče (SI)
- 15.09.2023 – WST – workshop & concert, Esposende, Portugal (PT)
- 16.09.2023 – WST – Miranda do Douro, Portugal (PT)
- 17.09.2023 – WST – workshop, Miranda do Douro (PT)
- 21.09.2023 – WST – Bota Anjos, Lisbon (PT)
- 01.12.2023 – WST – Lange Nacht der Weltmusik, Sargfabrik, Vienna (AT)
The Slovak violinist and composer Petra Onderuf is a versatile artist whose limitless energy, virtuosity and inventiveness has captured her audience’s attention wherever she plays. She delivers her own cross-style genre born from classical music studies, various Ethno and traditional styles and complemented with Jazz (as well as jazz composition and arrangement) which she studied at the Conservatory of Klagenfurt, Austria.
Based in Austria and Slovenia, she tours Europe and Asia as a founding member of the international band Wild Strings Trio. She has brought together the Petra Onderuf Quartet and participates in many other musical projects, writes for ensembles and big bands, as well as giving workshops in jazz for string players.
She has performed at prestigious venues and festivals all around the world such as the Fajr Festival (Iran), Sharq Taronalari Festival (Uzbekistan), Nanjing Jazz Festival (China), Cankarjev Concert Hall (Slovenia), Lisinski Concert Hall (Croatia), to name only a few. She has as well collaborated in theater and dance performances in addition to recording for various music projects and movies.
Workshops & Teaching
Petra gives workshops in jazz improvisation for string players. Improvisation is often the part in Classical music education that is missing, but ability to improvise as little as a little tune/melody improves a musician’s understanding of music. A welcome addition to the perfomer’s skills, it helps with freedom of expression, with getting rid of stress and stage fright, improves playing techniques, sound and most of all it motivates to play and practice.
Petra, through her jazz education as a performer and arranger and studies of Ethno and traditional styles uses simple tricks to free up a musician’s expression and performing skills, and is useful to musicians of any level.
She offers workshops for different schools, students, established musicians and teachers. She is available as well to give one-on-one private lessons.
Compositions & Arrangements
Compositions for String Quartet and Jazz Quartet
Chamber music compositions
Big Band compositions
Petra playes on a 2018 Günter Siefert violin.
+386 40 989 427
Photos by: tadejcausevicphotography.com and Filip Verpoest